Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend Part 2

We really packed in the fun last weekend, so I had to break this blog up into chunks. Mother's day morning we all woke up semi-early (I mean how do you not get up early when you have a 17 month old?) and went to Cafe Express for breakfast! I had no idea they even served breakfast, but it was so yummy and a great way to start our day. After filling our tummys full of good food, we walked across the Town Square to let Nico run around, chase birds and climb up and down stairs in the plaza.







Later that day we ventrued back into the city and took Nico to the Children's Museum of Houston. I had not been there since I was a kid, and boy did Nico have fun. A 3 story building filled with activities which make kids think, think, think and of course play, play, play. There are separate playing and exploring areas for those 35 months and younger, the "TotSpot" and those who are a bit more stable on their feet and cognitively developed. "Floworks," which is the water play area was a great spot to watch the kids splash around and get drenched by the constantly moving sprinklers. Nico loved playing in the simulated town the museum had, which is called "Kidtropolis, USA." This section had a grocery store, a veterinary clinic, a cafe the kids could pretend to cook in, a car and an ambulance to play around in, a bank and many other spots. I think my favorite was the art studio, where Nico was able to try his hand at painting for the first time. Next time you are in Houston and you have kids, the Children's Museum of Houston should definitely be place to stop in at.











After a long day of running around the museum, playing, crawling and making lots of discoveries, Nico was very tuckered out. A great ending to a great weekend was Ed making his famous Italian Macaroni and Cheese for us! I want to send out a HUGE thanks and an I love you to both my mom, otherwise known as Gigi, and of course my wonderful husband. You both made my Mother's Day weekend awesome and helped me keep my mind off of "things," and on Nico.

No comments:

Post a Comment