Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to me!


Warning this will be a long post!

Today is the third Mother's Day in which I have been able to celebrate as a mother. Being a mother....well, there really are not enough words to express how much being a mother means to me. After tremendous heartache and pain, Nico came into our lives to gives us hope, renew our faith, and teach us what love really is. He saved me in so many ways and I am proud and honored to be called Nico's Mommy. It is the most important role I have in life.


While I now am able to relish in the fact that I am now a mom to be most wonderful little boy in the world, my heart still breaks for those ladies who are still waiting for the day they will be called "mommy" and those who have lost precious little ones.

Although Nico made me a mommy, it is my own mother who has made me become the mommy I am for Nico. She has been an amazing role model for me as a mom, a woman and is even my best friend. My mom has been there for me through thick and thin, listened to all my problems, is always there as a shoulder for me to cry on, she hurts when I hurt and celebrates when I do. I thank you Mom with all my heart for helping be become the person, the woman and the mom I am today.

Now...on to the good stuff. We started this Mother's Day weekend by going to May Fest. An annual Fort Worth festival, May Fest has pony rides, playgrounds, petting zoos, jump/bounce houses, shows and performances, bands, arts and craft, vendors selling all kind of thngs, carnival rides, and lots of fair food. It was hot, but still fun to walk around see the sights and ride some of the rides.









On Sunday my Mother's Day began with my sweet and wonderful husband making breakfast for me. Nico was supposed to help Daddy cook, but he got a little distracted! After breakfast we took a nice family walk up to the park for Nico to play, play, play. After some good nap time, my little family took me to the mall and I actually got to shop for myself! During my shopping spree, Nico and Daddy rode the train, the carousel, and played in the kids area at the mall. Overall, it was a great day and weekend spent with my two favorite boys, while also getting in my "me time."




No comments:

Post a Comment