Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Saying too many good-byes

The past month has been filled with saying too many good-byes and shedding more tears than I want to admit. 

We started the month of March off with a visit from my cousin Shae and her two little guys. We had such a good time hanging out and letting the kids play together. 




We found a fun photo booth at the mall!!!

 
Just days later we headed to my Dad's house down in the Valley; and of course the few pictures I did take with my camera got erased.  I left behind a lot of tears on this trip....I said my final goodbyes to my Ninny, which is was so painful to do.  I can not express how much I love this woman.  She has been a wonderful role model, a great friend, confident and the best grandma a girl could ask for!   I knew I would not be returning to the RGV for quite some time after the move, and with Ninny's health and dementia going downhill so quickly, I knew I needed to make my peace with saying good-bye to her.  I do have the peace that I will see her again....just not in this world.  She will be waiting for me in Heaven someday with open arms for the biggest hug and ready to play My Little Ponies.
 

Pops took Nico to my very first school and snapped a couple of pictures!  I thought it was so sweet.

 


The kids were so precious sharing a ride at the mall!

Since Ninny can't hear unless you are yelling at the top of your lungs, we have to write everything down for her.  This is me writing my final good bye to her.  I thought about not posting this picture but it is my true emotions during this moment and I wanted to shared just how much I love and will miss my sweet and wonderful Ninny.  I have been unbelievable blessed to have a grandma like her!
 
This is Ninny reading my message.  She could read it, but was unable to cognitively comprehend the depth of what it meant. I guess it is better this way.


After returning from Harlingen, my best friend since high school, Tara, came to visit us before we headed north! 
 
 
And there were lots of good byes to friends and co-workers....a wonderful group of ladies actually threw me a sweet goodbye party at a little wine room.   I have been so blessed in knowing the people I am leaving behind.  So many of these ladies have had a great impact on my life in one way or another. 
 
My Infertility Girls!!! Tarra, Katie, and Amber.

I will miss my sweet friend Tarra!!!

My goodbye party! 

More goodbyes from friends from work.


Ed had his own farewells with the 136th SSF in FW.  On his last day of drill Lisa and some of his troops threw him a farewell party.  

Then there was Bam...sadly, we had to say good-bye to Big Sis and Jeremy.  Thankfully Nico does not really seem to understand just how far we are moving away, but Amber does.  There were lost of tears shed at this goodbye. The next time we see her, she will be getting ready to walk down the aisle in Vegas!
 
 
Even Nico had to say his own goodbyes...here he is with his buddy Dawson on their last playdate.
 
 
And finally....there was Gigi.  Gigi came to stay with us for 6 days before we left.  She stayed home with the kids while I finished up loose ends with my job, she helped me get the house in some sort of order and ready for the packers, and most importantly, helped me stay calm.  There are not words enough to say how much the kids and I will miss you Gigi.  There was some sort of comfort knowing that if we wanted to, we could just jump in the car and drive the four plus hours to see you.   Well now Maryland is a just a plane ride away....we have to keep telling ourselves that!

No comments:

Post a Comment