Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Very First Mother's Day

My very first Mother's Day! I have been looking forward to this day for so many years. Now it has come and gone, but I know I have so many more in front of me. My amazing husband knew how much I was looking forward to this day and he, with a little help from Nico, made the day very special. While waiting to leave for breakfast, Ed presented me with a beautiful necklace with a pendant made up of 5 of Nico's birthstone-blue topaz! This was so thoughtful. Every time I look down at the gorgeous blue stones, I think of my little blue eyed boy and how awesome he is. Then the entire family, including my mom who was in town, went to breakfast. This was quite an occasion. It is not very often when we can get all three teenagers out of the house for an activity at the same time! Church was after breakfast, where Nico had his moment in the sun, and then Ed, Nico and myself went to the zoo!


The family at breakfast.




Nico's birthstone times 5!!!


The zoo was symbolic to both Ed and I, because this is where we came the day we were waiting for the phone call from the doctor telling us whether we were expecting a little one or not. Walking through the front gates of the zoo I could remember the jittery, nervous feelings I had at the pit of my stomach when we were there last. Then I looked down...and I saw my Nico sitting in his stroller, looking around at everything, taking it all in...and then he looked up at his Mommy and Daddy and gave us a big smile! All the worrying, stress, heartbreak, crying, and needles were worth it. There he was-just so perfect!

This was Nico's first trip to the zoo! While he did look around and appeared to see some of the animals, he did not really seem to care. He was definitely not as interested in these animals as he is in Pettie and Luke. However, we still had fun and pointed out the elephants, monkeys and penguins to Nico. Next time we come there is a good chance that Nico may be able to walk around the grounds on his own! Overall, I had an amazing Mother's Day. I couldn't have asked for anything more-being able to spend it with my amazing husband and son, as well as my very own mom.


Nico and Mommy with the elephants




Nico hitching a ride on Daddy!






Nico and Daddy in front of the monkeys




Nico with his Gigi on Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment