Thursday, June 18, 2009

Anniversary Happenings

I am sitting at the St. Louis airport waiting to catch a flight from the Show Me State back to the Lone Star State. I flew up here after leaving my little man (for the first time) in Houston with his Gigi so that Ed, who is away teaching for the week, and I could spend our anniversary together.

We spent our time together doing a little visiting with friends and a little sightseeing. Yesterday during the day, we took a leisurely drive down to Carbondale, IL, to take a look at Southern Illinois University, Ed's Alma Matter. For those Texans who are unaware of this, southern Illinois is not close to Chicago; it is actually quite a distance away. So we were unable to make a stop in the windy city this trip; however, it just so happens that Ed's best friend of 18 years lives in southern IL. Jim and his wife, Jan, joined Ed and I last night for our anniversary dinner. We went to a lovely place called, Paulo's at the Mansion and had a fantastic meal.

And now I am off to meet back up with my Nico man to give him lots of hugs and kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment