Tuesday, August 17, 2010

School Days

Summer has come to end. At least it has for those of us who work in the glorious field of education. With the start of the new school year, it is the start of me going back to work full time. I have mixed feelings about this, but I have to do what is best for my family. In the long run, this is going to be so incredibly great for us financially, but it is just going to take some adjusting.

Plan A was that Nico was going to stay home with a live-in nanny while I went to work; however, that plan did not go quite as well as I wanted it to go. The nanny is gone, and for the first time EVER it is just MY family in MY house. It does feel very nice.

Plan B is now in effect. Nico started last Thursday back at the "school" where he attended when he was an infant for about 4 months. Nico is in the older toddler room now and starting in just a few weeks it will be just him and 7 other children. I really like his teacher, and I love that I can choose to watch my little man all day long if I like on the Kiddie Cam.

Nico is not too sure about this new arrangement yet, but the more I watch him in the classroom environment, the happier I am about making the change from Plan A to Plan B. Although there are quite a few kids in the room, Nico tends to gravitate towards the teacher. Instead of playing with the kids, he wants to be with the adult in the room. In addition, our precious son is not a champ at sharing toys. I can't imagine waiting to put Nico in a school environment until PK or even K! Nico needs to learn make friends and socially interact appropriately with other kids his age, and he is not going to pick that up by being at home with me. I think this is going to be good for him...and hopefully for me too.

I wish I had some photos to post of Nico at school, but I don't think it would be very appropriate of me to take pictures since other people's children would be in them as well. So, here is a couple of picture of Nico in the car right before we went in on his first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment