Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Life and Death

It has been longer than usual since last blogging, but life...and death certainly has gotten in the way. Nico lost his only living great-grandfather a little over a week ago. John Pennington, my maternal grandfather was a good man and he will be missed. Although death is difficult no matter what the situation is, God called Grandpa home at what seemed to be the right time. He was ill and I can say that he was honestly suffering towards the end of his life here on Earth. Fortunately, we were told that he did not appear to struggle or endure much pain as he passed away.

While Nico is very young and will not remember, I am glad he still had the chance to meet his great-grandpa. We at least have pictures of Nico and Grandpa to show him when he gets older.





The memorial service was this past weekend in Houston and Nico stayed home with Daddy while I went south to pay my respects. Unfortunately, the boys were unable to have much fun because the day I went out of town, Nico came down with my ultimate horrible cold. Even through the lack of sleep, runny noses, coughing and chest congestion, my boys survived, but were happy to see me come home.

I, personally had the privilege of honoring my grandfather during the memorial service by saying a few words. Although, we were all sad for ourselves in the fact that Grandpa had left us, we rejoiced in the fact that we know Grandpa is in a MUCH better place than we are here on Earth and that we will see him again someday in the Heavenly Kingdom. Even though the overall occasion was a sad one, it was very nice to see the family altogether. Since it is very seldom that we are in the same place at the same time, we of course, had to take advantage of the situation and snap a couple of pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment