Saturday, December 10, 2011

Nico's School Birthday Party


I realized that I never mentioned Nico's school birthday celebration, which was actually the day before his actual birthday. It did start a little rocky, only because someone, I won't mention any names, is obsessed with things being just perfect for her little guy. Nico's Gigi and I went pick up the cake-cupcakes and when we got there the bakery had lost the toys which were supposed to be on the cake! Nico specifically requested he wanted an Elmo themed cake for school and there was now no Elmo anywhere to be found! So the baker drew an Elmo and a Big Bird on the cake. Unfortunately, Elmo looked like a red blob and Big Bird appeared to be a yellow blob both with what looked liked eyes. With already being in a time crunch there was not time to rethink or come up with a plan B class cake.

That morning I dressed Nico in a super cute little manly outfit consisting of a sweater vest and all; however, as Gigi and I walked into the school with the Elmo and Big Bird blob cake, we saw Nico going into his classroom but he was wearing a Buzz t-shirt and sweatpants! Of course, this would be the one day he has an accident during naptime. Ok, strike 2!

Luckily, there was not a strike 3. Nico could have cared less what he was wearing, and he loved the cake! He was so happy to see Gigi and Mommy at school to celebrate his birthday with all of his school friends, that nothing else mattered. His face lit up when everyone say Happy Birthday to him and felt like the most special boy in the world when he got the Elmo red blob cupcake.

I love this little guy's innocent and joyful heart. He is always so happy and wants everyone around him to be happy as well. He has such an innate caring soul and God made Nico to be such a loving person. I am so blessed to have this 3 year old little boy, who I can call my own, in my life.

Here is a video of the kids singing Happy Birthday to Nico:



Here are some pictures of the school birthday celebration:







No comments:

Post a Comment