Friday, February 12, 2010

I really do have a toddler!

Two weeks ago Nico developed a strange fear of baths. He went from absolutely loving bath time to kicking and screaming when I would put him in the water. I have no idea how this switched happened, but it did. Scared of baths or not, Nico still needed to bathe, especially since the smearing food in his hair is typically a part of meal time now. We tried bubble baths, having a bath time playdate with Mason when we were in Houston, new bath toys, and even getting in the bath tub with him. Nothing work except time. Just as there was no apparent reason for the bath fear to begin with, the last two nights Nico was practically jumping out of my arms to get in the tub with no cause for explanation. I guess we have to chalk it up Nico just being a toddler.


Nico in the bath crying, while cousin Mason is having a blast playing.


Before the bath fear even began, Nico showed his true toddler colors in the eating department. Up until he was 13 months old, I spent precious time making all of Nico's baby food. Homemade, fresh, organic baby food, what could be more healthier? The best thing was that Nico ate everything! Now? Not so much. He began refusing the baby food at 13 months, so we made the switch to eating all table food. As soon as I mastered how to make and freeze enough vegegtables for at least a week, Nico decided he wanted nothing to do with them. In fact HE decided he only wanted milk, yogurt, Cheerios, and possibly a meatball here and there. Not the best diet. I continually keep offerring the little man all the foods I would have hoped he would still be eating. The strange thing is that Nico will take the various foods, put them in his mouth and even chew on them for a bit; however they do not get swallowed. Instead, out the food comes. So my great, healthy eater became a very picky eater! Well, knock on wood, but I think Nico may be expanding his food options a little more. He has been eating more of a variety of food in the last week. I just hope he keeps it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment