Tuesday, May 1, 2012

First Day at Primrose

This week is Natalee's first week at Primrose School. Although I know the teachers pretty well and she is right down the hallway from Nico, I was still apprehensive about dropping her off for the first time yesterday. I held back the tears when saying good-bye and quickly left the room so I could avoid making a scene. The teachers in the infant room at really great and one of them has been the teacher's aide in Nico's class before. I thought about her throughout the day but resisted the temptation of calling to check up on her. It seems that quite few of the teachers in the building were excited about our little Natalee starting because this morning when I went in to drop the kids off, various ladies told me they just loved going in to talk to her and give her a quick hold. Nico is very loved in that building, so any sibling of Nico is also going to be treasured.

Yesterday, as I was dealing with an unpleasant work related issue, I received this email....my whole world at that moment got better.

Dear Mommy and Daddy,

I wanted to tell you that I am having a wonderful first day of school. I am
enjoying my bottle in Ms. Moyers arms! I can't wait to tell you all about my
new friends when I get home tonight.

I love you,
Natalee

No comments:

Post a Comment