Friday, May 9, 2014

Mommy's Birthday

My birthday was sort of the caboose of Easter weekend this year, as it was just the day after.  I think this must have been the best birthday that I can remember!  To start, Ed took the day off from work, so I was able to spend the day with my sweet family together!  We headed to wards DC with a quick stop at the BX on base so that I could pick out a new Coach purse for myself! Purse shopping always puts a smile on my face!

Afterwards we continued down to DC to see some things we had not gotten a chance to see yet, starting with the Thomas Jefferson Memorial and the FDR Memorial at the Tidal Basin.  Luck have it, there were still cherry blossoms in bloom in a few places, and Ed and kids humored me while we snapped a few pictures of us around the beautiful trees!  Typically the entire Tidal Basin is lined with the blooming cherry blossoms, which I am sure is a gorgeous sight to see.  We walked around the Tidal Basin to see the two memorials and got to see DC from another viewpoint across the water.  It is such a pretty city with so much history; it is quite a privilege for us to be living here for the short time we are here.

To end my birthday day trip, we went for dinner at an authentic Mexican restaurant near Annapolis.  This was a place that my mom and I tried when she was last here and we were both pleasantly surprised by how close to Tex-Mex it was!  My taste-buds were certainly satisfied!!


































No comments:

Post a Comment