Thursday, May 22, 2014

Natalee and her BIG GIRL BED

I went into Natalees's room one afternoon after I started to hear some rustling around in there and I knew she was awake from her nap.  When I opened the door I found the rocking chair had been knocked down and she had used it to climb out of the crib!  I could hardly believe it...so I knew it was time...for a BIG GIRL BED!!!


So the next day I took the kids to the store and Natalee picked out her very own set of toddler bed bedding!  Of course, the character winner was Hello Kitty.  She was just beside herself with all the kitties on her sheets and the comforter! 





 
When we got home from the store, I managed to take the front section of the crib off on my own!  Then with some help from Natalee, we put her new bedding on and piled all her kitties on the bed.  Natalee was thrilled!
 
The first night in her big girl bed went very well.  After story time and getting tucked in, she said "nigh-nigh" and let me leave the room without any reservations.  After about 45 minutes, she did come to her door and call for me, asking for more milk, but I just tucked her right back in and to sleep she went. 




Natalee slept all through the night and the next morning she waited at her door and called for me once she was ready to get up!  I am very proud of our little girl, who is certainly turning into a big girl with a big smile and a big heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment