Thursday, February 12, 2009

Continually Learning

Nico is continually learning. It is amazing to watch him make new discoveries and get excited about them. Lately, Nico has learned to purposely bat at his toys. He was able to do this unintentionally before, but now he is able to focus on what he is doing and take a swing at his animal friends repeatedly. Not only can Nico now accomplish something he sets his mind to, but he shows his excitement when he is able to get the job done. And anything which brings a smile to my baby boy's face brings an even bigger one to mine.


This week Nico, Pettie (our furry friend) and myself traveled by ourselves to Houston! With Daddy going out of town again, we decided to go visit Gigi and have some relaxation time. It was an interesting ride to say the least, with the multiple stops to feed everyone, change diapers, take short dog walks and clean up spit up. Gigi is so great when we visit, and she lets Mommy sleep ALL the way throught the night! For that, I did not hesitate to drive the five hours with just myself, the baby and our dog. With being in Housotn for only 24 hours, I have already been able to pamper myself a bit. Besides getting a full nights sleep, I got a haircut, a manicure and a pedicure. Typically, I would not think that those things are news, but now it seems that they are since they happen so seldom. Yea, thanks for your help Gigi!

No comments:

Post a Comment