Friday, December 3, 2010

2 Years Ago Today

Dear Nico,

2 years ago today you entered into this world after quite a struggle and was on your way home to be with God, before I even got to meet you. But that was not God's will. You are truly a miracle here on Earth. I'm not sure how many miracles we are "allowed" to have throughout our life, but I am unbelievably grateful to God that you are my miracle. I actually can not think of any appropriate words to express how truly thankful I am to have you in my life. You are the light of my world and just plain down right wonderful in every aspect.

I look back at the pictures of you over the last 2 years and you have grown and changed into such an incredible little boy. You are beautiful beyond words and so hilarious, that you keep both your Mommy and Daddy laughing. The special unsolicited hugs and kisses you give us, warms my heart to the very core, and the sweet way you grab hold of my hand when walking always puts a smile across my face.

Nico, I love so many things about you that make you special. The way you say "nigh, night" when you are ready to be put into bed for the night; the smile on your face when you pick flowers; the special way you sing the Sponge Bob theme song; how joyful you are in the mornings as soon as you wake up; how you love to help both Mommy and Daddy, especially when tools, particularly screwdrivers, are involved; and how you dance when you think nobody is looking. I could go on and on.

You are amazing in every way possible and I am so incredibly proud to be called your Mommy. I pray you continue to grow up with the same joy and love for life that you show. I love you with every single fiber of my being and can't wait to see what the future holds for you.

"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be."

Love Forever and Always,
Your Momma

1 comment: