Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Sunday

Yesterday was Easter, a celebration of our Risen Savior and King, Jesus Christ. The week leading up to Easter I put in the effort to teach Nico about the true meaning of why we have Easter. He was actually the one who wanted me to read some Bible stories to him one night before bed last week, so of course I happily turned to Last Supper and read through the Resurrection. I really relished in the fact that Nico was very interested in the stories. He was curious and had questions about what I was reading to him and was particularly in awe with the page which depicted three blacked out crosses in the background with people walking down the hill crying. It definitely takes careful wording to explain death and then a Resurrection to a three year old!

Nico and Natalee looks so adorable in their Easter outfits! I was actually able to get some cute pictures of the two of them both on Easter morning and while we were in Houston a few weeks ago. Ed and I definitely have some beautiful children!
















Easter Sunday our family we to church all nicely dressed up and somewhat color coordinated with each other. Nico did not want to go to his children's class, so all four of us sat together through the entire service. After our church services was over, Natalee and I quickly headed home to hide eggs with the Easter Bunny and make sure everything was ready for the little man. Meanwhile, Daddy and Nico went the commissary to do a little grocery shopping and give me the time I needed. Silly Easter Bunny hid all the eggs outside apparently without knowing that a downpour of rain was about to occur! The rain did slow down a little once Daddy and Nico got home, but we still had a wet Easter egg hunt! With the rain coming down, the eggs, including the real ones, got a nice bath which made them inedible; however, I don't think we would have been able to eat them anyway because each time Nico came across a real egg in his hunt, he would shake it only to discover there was no candy in it, and then would toss it back to the ground! The rain did catch us off guard a bit, but it just did not matter though...Nico had a smile on his face and had fun...that was what mattered.






And...look what we found! Our very little own Easter bunny! She's the cutest bunny I have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment