Friday, December 14, 2012

A Dark Day

Tonight when I put Nico and Natalee to bed I hugged them extra tight, gave them extra kisses and stayed in bed with Nico for a while cuddling before heading off to do my own thing.  Innocence was lost today and as I was blessed enough to kiss the faces of each of my children when I put them to bed, there were 20 moms and dads who had this privilege cruelly stripped from them today.  My heart breaks for the families who lost loved ones today.  There are no words to say that is going to make this horrible event make sense.  I am positive that God's existence is being questioned by too many to count tonight, and that His greatness is being looked at with skepticism saying, "How could He let this happen?"  However, God did not LET this happen. Satan caused this evil. Satan infiltrated the sad and deeply disturbed soul who committed this heinous crime.  Our nation as a whole has forgotten God, puts God on the back burner, and tries to keep God out of things....likes schools.  For once, we, as a nation, need to stop bickering with the "other side," but instead join together, pray with all our might for those families who are suffering right now as we speak.  Pray for those parents who have to face their children's empty beds tonight for the first time, and those children who lost a parent or a grandparent in this horrible massacre.  Also rejoice....rejoice for the children who although are now passed and separated from their parents, they are home.  They are home with our Lord and Savior Jesus!  What a homecoming that must have been!!!  The Bible tells us that Jesus LOVES children and I am sure these boys and girls were greeted with open arms by our Christ Himself! 
 
For those of us who are in shock and horrified at the events of what has taken place, hug your kids tighter, pray harder, and love bigger.   
 
Here are a few pictures I took this morning of my precious babies. There are not enough words to descrive how much I love these two. We were about to head out to Primrose to have breakfast with Santa.  It is hard to imagine that almost simultaneously while I was catching my beautiful children on camera and loving every bit of my own world; the world that many others knew was about to crash down around them with no answers in sight.
 
Each day is a blessing, don't take it for granted.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment