Friday, December 21, 2012

Getting Ready for Christmas

We have been getting ready for Christmas in our household for weeks now!  Excitement has built as it is now only 4 days away.  The Christmas tree went up, then down, then up again!  Yes, you read that right....our tree was pulled down by a certain little 10 month old one evening.  It landed right on her, but thankfully she nor Nico were hurt.  So tree went back up, but looks a little less perfect now since the strings of lights, tinsel and beads got somewhat misplaced and tangled.


The tree after it fell down.
 
The tree after it went back up....too bad I didn't get a picture before the tree fell!
 

The stockings are up which is a huge deal. Four years ago my mom and I together made Nico's and Ed's stockings by needlepoint. This has been a tradition she started for me and my brother when we were small. I have always loved my mother-made stocking and wanted to do the same for my kids. However since having Natalee, I just never was able to find to the time to stitch together a stocking before her first Christmas. So, Gigi stepped up and made Natalee's entire stocking! Yep, she is the best Gigi in the world! So now all of our stockings hang up above the fireplace together. They look beautiful up there, and every time I look at them, I am amazed at how blessed Ed and I are with these two angels.

Nat-Nat's stocking made by Gigi!

Our family stockings all hung up by the chimney with care! Beautiful sight to my eyes.


Natalee looking beautiful as usual.

Natalee checking out the ornaments on the tree....so fascinating!
 
Smile!!!!

 This was at the breakfast with Santa at Primrose. I actually got a picture of both kids smiling, just not looking....Still waiting to see if the school got a better picture than me! I love this Santa though; he is there every year and is so sweet and friendly.
 

Nico is trying to hold Natalee's hand here and also keep her from crawling off.

 
Goofy kids!  I couldn't get both kids looking and smiling if my life counted on it on this day!  This was before heading out to Nico's school party.

Nico's school Christmas party!

This year Nico had an extra visitor at the party. Natalee wanted to be right in the mix with the big kids. She stood at the table and ate right off of her big brother's plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment