Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day in D.C.

There are not enough words of thanks towards God for making me a mom over 4 years ago.  Nico and Natalee are amazing and they consume almost my whole world.  In addition to being eternally grateful for being a mom, I am also so blessed to have such an incredible mom.  She is such a rock in my life. She is a wonderful Godly woman who is my role model...I am the mom I am today because of her.  My first Mother's Day out of Texas, and my mom came up to see us!

Pictures from the Washington Monument



Pictures of the World War II memorial












Pictures from the Korean War memorial....amazing.  It was so surreal to look at the wall and see the faces of the men and women who died during this short 3 year war.



Pictures of the Lincoln Memorial and the reflection pool.







 
Pictures of the Vietnam War Memorial....sad incredibly sad to see the thousands upon thousand of names inscribed on the wall....such a horrible waste of life. The wall is so long that it was hard to capture a picture of its entirety. 

 
Women of the Vietnam War.
 
Pictures of the White House...as close as we could get!



 
 
Other random pictures we took during our day visit to DC. We had a wonderful Mother's Day brunch at a very historical and tasty restaurant, called Old Ebbitt Grill.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment