Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Third DC Trip with Gigi


One the third and final day we rode the Metro into DC we attempted to fight the crowds at the National Archives and the Smithsonian Museum of American History. The kids played on the lawn in front of the Archives again while we waited the almost hour to get in the doors.  There are so many interesting historical pieces of our country's history in this one building and it is pretty surreal look at them through the glass.  Guests are not allowed to take pictures while inside, so there is not a lot of share, except those I took before we went in. We did not get to see a lot due tot eh crowds and how long it took then to stand in line to see the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.  So this is definitely another place I will need to return to (yes Dad, I know I was there with you years ago, but it has been a while).







The America History was amazing!  I could have spent days in there, and we only conquered (barely) the third floor!  I loved seeing the gorgeous dresses from the First Ladies and all the Presidential exhibitions. However, strangely I especially loved seeing and reading all the Civil War and Revolutionary War relics.....hmmm...am I my father's daughter???   I took a ton of pictures exhibits that caught my interest so of course I will bore you with them!
































 

No comments:

Post a Comment