Monday, June 25, 2012

Weekend Fun with Pops

This morning the kids and I dropped off Pops at the airport after having a nice and fun weekend together. He almost wasn't able to make up due to Mops being sick, but thankfully was able to make the trip and a certain 3 1/2 year old and 33 year old were terribly disappointed.

After arriving Saturday morning we spent the day on the east side of the DWF metroplex. First we ventured out and went the Dallas World Aquarium. I have read nothing but wonderful reviews about this place and what a great attraction it is; however Pops and I beg to differ. It was over crowded with small spaces to move around, they overcharged for admission and there was actually very little sea life. The term aquarium was used loosely here. Anyway, it was something I wanted to do with Nico before we potentially move away from the area, and I can cross that off my list and never go back. All in all, although it did not meet our expectations, Nico still enjoyed himself and had fun, so I guess that is what really matters.


There seemed to have been more jungle areas with monkies, birds and other creatures than fish at the Dallas World Aquarium!



"Look at my feet!"

"I am being a penguin."

You gotta love Nico's fake smile....


And there's that fake smile again.  We need to work on that.







After our narrow escape from the aquarium, we drove around Dallas a bit and wandered into the Grapevine area, so we stopped at the Rainforest Cafe for late lunch. Nico did not remember ever having been there in the past, so it was like a new experience for him. He was in awe of the mechanical animals moving around and growling every few minutes. The food was great as usual and the atmosphere is so much fun for kids. I often forget that the Rainforest Cafe is so close by, and I am thinking we should go more often.


Excuse the blurry picture. I was changing settings on the camera since the RFC was a little dark.


Intensely watching the gorillas.


Someone had a lot of fun at RFC!


Waiting outside of the RFC as Pops went to the bookstore.


Do you like Pops' new hat?  Looks pretty heavy.



The next day, we took a ride on the Forest Park Miniature Train, which we hadn't done since last November. This train ride was Natalee's first time, and she enjoyed it while sitting laid back in my lap and looking at everything passing by her. The rest of the day consisted of running a few errands and relaxing/playing at home. It was a good visit and this time we were able to say "Bye Pops, see you in a month!"






"Look at my crazy Momma! She is so funny!"


Sitting back relaxing on the train ride.






Now these smiles look good!

No comments:

Post a Comment