Wednesday, October 24, 2012

9 months in and now 9 months out

 
Natalee has now been on the outside of me longer than she was on the inside of me.  It is sort of bittersweet. My little baby girl is certainly growing into a beautiful little girl, but time is going by too fast. I know I keep repeating myself, but I really wish there was pause or a slow motion button on life right now.  Natalee's personality is just precious and I love seeing it being expressed more the older she gets.  Baby Nat-Nat knows what she wants and let us know in whatever way she can communicate it to us, she is a bit stubborn and extremely talkative. Natalee loves being around her loved ones and she certainly know who they are and who the strangers are....One recent example is from last week when Gigi picked her up from daycare one day. Natalee hadn't seen her in 6-7 weeks and she looked at Gigi with quite a concerning look on her face.  She wasn't sure why this person was picking her up instead of her Mommy. Another example was just the other day....Daddy tried on his Captain Hook Halloween costume and when Natalee got a good look at him, she let out a heart wrenching cry! She had no idea who he was and was scared of the stranger!  Natalee has some good stranger-danger awareness.
 
Natalee is trying her hardest to crawl. She is still not there yet, but she will kneel on her knees in a crawling position and rock and back and forth. Natalee also is crawling backwards...not scooting on her tummy like she was doing before, but crawling on her knees backwards.  I am not totally sure if she knows she is moving herself around, but she is getting around....usually her aim when moving is towards getting closer to me.  Natalee has also surprised me in that she is starting to pull up.  She LOVES standing and the other day when I was folding laundry, she pulled herself up using the laundry basket next to her.  She stayed up just for a couple of seconds, but the smile on her fave showed me how proud of herself she was once she went back down.  I suppose the next month will bring a lot more changes just as every other month has as Natalee begins to approach her 1 year birthday (which I am already planning)!
 

 












No comments:

Post a Comment