Sunday, October 7, 2012

New Pad

Tomorrow marks a week since we moved into our "new pad."  Ed and I decided to lease a house in the nearby vicinity of the house we just sold. I did not want to move too far away from Primrose, we, of course needed to stay close to the base and it is a plus to not be too far from the school where I primarily work.   When I was looking around for a house, I knew this one was it as soon as I drove up and parked in the driveway. I liked the neighborhood and the location of the house on the street; the house is a one story, which is what I was looking for this time around and it is about 1000 sq ft smaller than our previous house.  The last house was great for us for so many years, but once the twins moved out, it became too much house for us. It is nice to be in smaller quarters. It feels like we are able to be closer together within the house even when we are each doing our own thing and this will help us have more family time.

The move went pretty smoothly and most of the boxes are unpacked one week after the move, which is not too bad.  Little things here and there still need to be organized and there will probably be another trip to Good Will since 3000 sq ft of "stuff" does not fit too well into a house of 2000 sq ft. Overall, we are settling in pretty well and I am excited to see how everything looks when it is all said and done.  Too bad we will probably have to pack everything back up again and move in less than a year.

 Natalee in her new room surrounded by all her Cabbage Patch dolls and stuffed animals! (By the way, that is a baby doll bottle...not hers).


 The boys relaxing and reading a story in the big chair after the move.

Breakfast on the first morning after waking up in the new house.

No comments:

Post a Comment