Friday, October 5, 2012

Moving On

September turned out to be quite the crazy month for our family!  Over Labor Day weekend our house, which has been on the market since the middle of May, had multiple showing, one of which turned out to be the family we had been waiting for.  This family was also a military one with little children and they seemed like a right fit for our house. Today is October 5th and just today I closed on the house!  We are no longer home owners!  In a month's worth of time, we packed everything up in our 3000 square foot house plus the garage, found a new place to live, and along with all this house selling business, completed lots of paperwork. To top the craziness, Ed had to be TDY for those last two weeks before the move. He came home in between trips for 2 days, but was working, and then headed back out again.  So packing, organizing, finding a new home and making all the arrangements was solely up to me!  I can say that I am very glad that I can finally say all of this is behind us and now we only have lots of unpacking, hanging of pictures and organizing to do in the new place.

Saying good bye to the old house, was a little emotional for me. When I went over there to clean the place up for the new owners I knew it was the last time I would  be there in my very first house. Lots of memories were made in this house....lots good, and sadly lots bad too, but overall for me it is the good memories that stick out to me. 

When I look at the front door, I see Ed, Amber EJ  and I bringing Nico, the baby I longed for for so long, home for the first time. When I look at the nursery I can still see both of my precious babies getting diaper changes while smiling up at me, sitting and playing on the floor and sweetly sleeping in their cribs.  When I look at the master bathroom I see both of my miracles getting their first baths on the counter top piled with towels.  When I look at the pantry I see Nico standing on his stool trying so hard to reach his cookies and when I look down the long hallway downstairs, I see Nico smiling and proudly walking around using his car walker. When I look in the kitchen I can still see Nico in his cute footie PJs, talking on the phone to Daddy in his Nico language. I laugh to myself when I look where Nico's highchair was and think of him digging into his first birthday smash cake and the amount of smashed Puffs that were stuck to the living room floor after his first birthday party. When I look at the mater bedroom, I can see Natalee spending many night sleeping with Mommy and Daddy while being sick with RSV.  When I look at the breakfast nook, I can see all of us sitting around having many family dinners, including Christmas and Thanksgiving feasts.

As I slowly walked out of the house for the last time, I shed a few tears as I remembered so many wonderful moments.  This house will always be my first house as an adult and the first home for both of my children.  I pray the next family will make as many wonderful memories as we did.
 
Here are pictures of us being up to our necks in boxes and of the rooms ready for moving day!





Here are the kids in front of what was our house for the last time. 

 This is my view of the house as I walked out for the last time.


No comments:

Post a Comment