Saturday, February 4, 2012

How is Nico Adjusting?


For months I was a little worried about how Nico was going to react and adjust to having a baby around. He has been the center of attention since day 1, and I guess I can say he has been a bit spoiled by it all. Nico surprised me and has adjusted very well. Big brother Nico has been very sweet and caring towards his little sister. He is always curious at what Natalee is doing, asks to hold her, wants to help/watch with changing her diapers and tries to calm her down when she is crying. For a couple nights he did have a bit of a regression in that he absolutely did not want to be alone and cried and cried until he ended up in bed with Gigi for the night. After A LOT of pep talks and some positive reinforcements, Nico seems to be back on track. Nico also continues to do well at school during this transition, even with Gigi instead of Mommy dropping him off in the mornings. His lead teacher told me that they are giving him some extra focus and attention knowing that he may internally need that right now. I feel so blessed to have my big angel at a school where the people actually care for him. I am very proud of Nico's mature reaction to Natalee and hope things continue to go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment