Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring is Here and So is Colic

Spring is here and I just couldn't resist getting outside and snapping a few pictures of my cuties. I am sure anyone would agree after taking a look at these pictures that Natalee is going to be just as photogenic as her brother. I am amazed at how beautiful she is! Sadly, right now Nico does like to have his picture taken and has to be bribed to cooperate with me and my camera!

Early this week Natalee did have a few bad nights. She cried for most of the night and it was m ore of a painful cry than when she had RSV. I felt terrible for her and frustrated for myself and Ed. There seemed to be nothing we could do to help her feel better. So of course after exhausting every technique I could think of or find on Dr. Google, I decided to take another trip to the pedi...it's a good thing we don't have to pay for any of these medical bills! The pedi said that she could not dx Natalee with colic until she exhibited the signs for three consecutive weeks! WHAT!? No way am I letting her (or Ed and I) go through this for three weeks. After mixture of gas drops, swaddling and colic gripe water, all three of us have now been able to get some rest at night! I am going to keep doing what is working for her and hope that I do not have to start from square one at some point in the future. At least for now we are all getting our rest (which is between 4 and 6 hours straight) which makes for a happy baby and mommy.







No comments:

Post a Comment